GNDU Shines Bright: Top 23% Globally in Best Value University Rankings

by Dr. Jasneet Bedi

Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) has once again soared to new heights, solidifying its position as a beacon of excellence in academia. In the latest accolade, GNDU has been recognized among the top 23% of universities worldwide in the esteemed World Rankings for Best Value Universities for International Students 2024.

This commendation comes following a rigorous survey conducted by the Study Abroad Aide, encompassing a staggering 8032 universities. GNDU clinched the impressive 1782nd position globally, underscoring its commitment to providing a stellar blend of high-quality education and affordability, particularly tailored for international students.

The Best Value University Ranking for International Students is predicated on two pivotal metrics: academic quality, which comprises 75% of the weightage, and the remaining 25% accounting for the cost of education. GNDU’s stellar performance in these domains has catapulted it into the upper echelons of global academia, positioning it among the top 27% of universities worldwide in the World University Rankings 2024, as per the esteemed Agency.

What sets GNDU apart is not only its academic prowess but also its ethos of inclusivity, diversity, and unwavering commitment to student welfare. As the sole multi-specialty State University of the Northern Region encompassing Jammu, Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, and Himachal Pradesh, GNDU’s accomplishments stand as a testament to its unwavering dedication to excellence.

Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) Jaspal Singh Sandhu attributes GNDU’s meteoric rise in rankings to a myriad of factors, chief among them being high-quality academics, faculty engaged in groundbreaking research, and a campus environment that fosters student well-being and growth.

The university’s relentless pursuit of excellence is exemplified by its remarkable strides in research, with the h-index soaring from 64 to 145, accompanied by a plethora of highly cited papers in Scopus. Moreover, GNDU provides a state-of-the-art environment for sports and cultural activities, clinching the prestigious MAKA Trophy a record 25 times, along with securing top positions in National Youth Festivals.

In extending his heartfelt congratulations to the faculty and staff of GNDU, Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) Jaspal Singh Sandhu underscored the indomitable spirit and dedication that have propelled the university to national and international acclaim. He expressed confidence that GNDU will continue to ascend the ranks, further cementing its status as a paragon of academic excellence on the global stage. As GNDU marches steadfastly into the future, its unwavering commitment to excellence remains undiminished, promising a legacy of innovation, inclusivity, and academic distinction for generations to come.

Dr. Jasneet Bedi

You may also like

Khalsa Vox

Khalsa Vox is a new-age online digest that brings to you the latest in Punjab politics, history, culture, heritage and more.

Latest Stories

Khalsa Vox, All Right Reserved.